I have been using Espresso for more than a year now, and I love it. I am considering writing a book / recording a video class / giving talks & workshops on the topic, but it is a substantial amount of work so I want to gauge interest before I start. If this material is valuable to you, please let me know by filling this form.
- What is instrumentation testing?
- What is Espresso?
- Basic anatomy of an Espresso test
- How do matchers work?
- Combining matchers (Hamcrest & Espresso)
- Matching inside an AdapterView
- Using RecyclerViewActions with RecyclerView
- Custom matchers
- click(): What happens behind the scene?
- Custom actions
- Custom assertions
- Incoming: setActivityIntent
- Outgoing: ActivityMonitor
- The notion of idling
- Custom IdlingResource
- Avoid external dependencies (network, device configuration etc)
- Dagger and Mockito
- Combining various techniques in real-world scenarios
Submitted to @DroidconNYC! Advanced Espresso: custom matchers, IdlingResource & more. Fav if you want to hear it!— Chiu-Ki Chan (@chiuki) April 18, 2015
However, the talk is only 40-minute long, highlighting maybe a quarter of this outline. It will take a lot more effort to flesh out the whole outline, so please let me know your interest by filling in this form: http://bit.ly/1H0X4up. Thank you!